Though they are losing ground to the e-book and the audio book, libraries were once central hubs of human intellectual progress. There’s something about them that still attracts people, however – whether it’s their magnificent architecture or the unmistakable smell of books and dust, scholars and dreamers alike still enjoy perusing their hoards of literary treasures.
Because of their critical importance, libraries were often built to be beautiful and built to last. Combined with the sometimes priceless treasures that they hold, their simultaneously enormous and intimate spaces possess a charm that no other type of building can command.
If you know of any other amazing libraries that should be celebrated on this list, then please add them. You can vote for your favorite houses of knowledge as well!
1. Trinity College Library, Dublin, Ireland
2. The National Library Of Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
3. Biblioteca Real Gabinete Portugues De Leitura, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
4. St. Florian Monastery, Austria
5. The Admont Library, Admont, Austria
6. George Peabody Library, Baltimore, Maryland, Usa
7. Handelingenkamer Tweede Kamer Der Staten-generaal Den Haag Iii, Netherlands
8. Austrian National Library, Vienna, Austria
9. Biblioteca Joanina, Coimbra, Portugal
10. Bibliothèque Nationale De France, Paris, France
11. The Old Public Library Of Cincinnati, Ohio, Usa
12. The City Library, Stuttgart, Germany
13. Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Yale University, Connecticut, Usa
14. New York Public Library
15. The Iowa State Law Library, Iowa, Usa
16. Bibliothèque Sainte Geneviève, Paris, France
17. Walker Library, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Usa
18. The Oberlausitzische Library Of Science, Gorlitz, Germany
19. The Library Of Congress, Washington, D.c., Usa
20. St John’s College Library, Cambridge, Uk
21. Technical University “gheorghe Asachi” Library, Iasi, Romania
22. Bibliothèque Mazarine, Paris, France
23. Harper Library, Usa
24. Vennesla Library, Vennesla, Norway
25. The National Library Of China, Beijing, China
4 easy DIY masks you need to try with your girlfriends this Summer
Summer 2019 is in full gear and if their is one thing all girls need – it’s to detox their skin in this sticky humid weather. Self care is essential to maintain glowing, acne-free skin. We’ve rounded up 5 Do-It-Yourself Face masks for you to try with your girlfriends this summer. Bask in the rich goodness of nutritious products working their magic, put on some music and RELAX!
- The Disprin Face Mask (YES, you read that right!)
Recommended to us by a friend, we were shocked at the results. If you want to achieve tighter skin and close down those pores, then apply this twice a week.
How to make it:
- 2 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Disprin crushed
- 1 tbsp Besan
- 1 tbsp Yoghurt
- Dash of Rose Water
Mix all ingredients in a bowl till it forms a paste. Apply to clean face, wait ten minutes and re-apply another layer. Let it stay another ten minutes and then gently scrub it off with water.
2. Oatmeal and vinegar mask
This mask will do wonders for you if you have oily skin. Apply once a week.
How to make it:
- 3 tablespoons of oatmeal
- ¼ cup of hot water
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
Wash your face with warm water to allow the pores to open up and remove and makeup. Pour the hot water onto your oatmeal and then combine it with honey. At the end, mix the vinegar and apply the mask while it is still warm. Rinse off after 15 minutes and then wash your face with cold water.
3. Citrus avocado mask
Avocados are somewhat an underdog of the fruit family with so many benefits. This mask is great for evening out pigmentation and adding a glow to your face. Apply twice a week
How to make it:
- ½ of an avocado, mashed
- ½ of a lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
This mask is super refreshing and will leave your face feeling smooth and skin tones evened out. Mix all the ingredients together and apply evenly to your face and neck. Rinse after 15 minutes and moisturize with your daily face cream (preferably NIVEA)
4. Chocolate Coffee Mask
Made from antioxidant-rich cocoa, chocolate has become known for its heart-healthy benefits. These beans are loaded with polyphenols, catechins, and flavonols, a powerful antioxidant that helps protect the skin, increases blood flow to the skin, keeps the skin hydrated and maintains the skin’s elasticity.
How to make it:
- 1 tsp of instant coffee
- 1 tsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of honey
- Plain yogurt (enough to make a smooth paste)
Sounds appetizing right? But don’t stuff your face just yet! Combine all ingredients and spread your mixture evenly on your clean, dry face. Avoid your eyes, eyebrows, hairline and lips when you apply your mask and keep it on for 15 minutes before washing it off to reveal more beautiful skin.
Escape Through Art II curated by Mahaa Malik. Featuring the brilliant artists from all over Pakistan!
Here’s all the latest scoop you need on what’s been happening around town and across the globe. (June 8th – June 16th)
1 – It’s more than just a game – Fans around the world are tensely hoping the weather stays clear during the most anticipated World Cup 2019 clash between Pakistan and India
2 – The newlyweds, Iman Ali and hubby Babar Bhatti are on their honeymoon in Istanbul
3 – Photos of KP Minister of Information Shaukat Ali Yousafzai and his fellow officials sporting cat ears and whiskers went viral on Friday night after the social media team running the live broadcast on the official PTI KP Facebook page forgot to disable the cat filter
4 – Instagram accounts turn blue as people all around the world Standing in solidarity with the people of Sudan who are being forced to endure countless horrific atrocities
5 – North west turns 6!
6 – On Saturday, Notre Dame Cathedral held its first mass since the devastating fire that tore through the building two months ago on April 15.
7 – It has been seven years since the Ghazal King Mehdi Hassan passed away but his absence failed to fade away and his ghazals rule over many hearts even today
8 – Mawra Hocane met Rishi Kapoor in New York
Features2 months ago
A quick & fun natter with the gorgeous Naimal Khawar
News5 months ago
7th Sky Entertainment’s “Mera Rab Waris” To Air this March
Entertainment3 months ago
These Powerpuff girls from a renowned university are making us proud by redefining humanity
Events7 months ago
Highlights from Grand Launch of CHIKPAT Restaurant in Islamabad