In winters along with the sound of winds, we can clearly hear wedding bells in Pakistan. With the shaadi season, comes a major concern of makeup in the female crowd. Ismah Malik, the vibrant woman entrepreneur gives us some interesting makeup details and tips to the fashion fanatic ladies for this wedding season.
- What inspired you to start your business in the makeup industry?
When I came back from Canada, I wanted to do something I was passionate about & where I believed I could truly provide quality service.
- What, in your opinion, is the most important quality in a Makeup Artist? Good training, experience & consistency of work. For the client, when you do their makeup, it’s the most important day of their life. As an artist, you cannot have an “off” day.
- How do you stay abreast of the latest beauty trends?
Travel worldwide to attend relevant workshops & events, read, stay up to date on social media trends.
- How do you prepare different skin types before applying makeup? We normally assess skin beforehand, during pre-services, to ensure that our technique is appropriate for the skin type. For example, for dehydrated skin, we moisturize via facials and for oily skin, we conduct treatments beforehand as well to ensure a perfect finish.
- What would be the effect of analogous/complimentary colors in makeup? For a purely cool or warm look, analogous colors are best, but if you want a vibrant, striking look, we would recommend complementary colors.
- Which are the two-season makeup trends you find interesting? My favorites this season: Subtle glitter on the lash-line or lashes, Neon on the eyes, diffused in the inner corner. Metallic or matte, both look awesome.
- What’s the funkiest combination for eyes and lips? Smoky eyes & nude lips OR Cat eyes & red lips
- What are the winter lip colors? Brown lips are really trending in this winter
- Do you train your employees by yourself? If so, do you plan to open up a training academy? We train all our employees ourselves, & we also conduct regular classes with outside experts. Our training academy for both men & women is planned for the end of 2020.
- Which are the brands that you keep at your salon for customers and why? We provide hair care products with Argan Oil as well as an organic range of hair & skincare products.
- What skincare tips would you suggest to those who hate going to salons in winters? Drink lots of water, cleanse & exfoliate, moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. And remember, sunscreen is not just for summer.
- Which are the 3 makeup items that are always in your bag? Liquid base, lip gloss, face powder
- What is the cleaning routine of your salon to keep makeup and other services hygienic? Hygiene is our topmost priority. All tools are sterilized before and after each use. At the beginning and end of the day, all tools, equipment & brushes are cleaned with a Dettol solution and then sterilized for the next day’s use.
- What are the challenges that you faced in setting up your salon? Finding top-quality equipment was difficult back then & we had to import a lot of stuff. Reliable & trained staff is also hard to find so we ended up hiring & then training all our staff ourselves. It worked out better this way, I feel, as my staff is trained to my satisfaction.
- Do you plan on opening up your branches anywhere else in Lahore?
We have 2 new branches planned for Lahore in 2020, & we will also be branching out to other cities soon. We are also considering giving franchises to other cities.
Delay in diagnosis can result in long term disability
An awareness seminar to highlight the importance of early diagnosis and treatment of arthritis was conducted at the Governor house Punjab, with joint collaboration of Arthritis Care Foundation and Scotmann Pharmaceuticals here in Lahore on Sunday 21 November.
The seminar was chaired by the honorable Governor of Punjab Chaudry Muhammad Sarwar, with awareness sessions conducted by chairperson Arthritis Care Foundation, Prof. Nighat Mir Ahmed, Co-chairperson Prof. Sumaira Farman Raja, and Co-chairperson and General Secretary, Prof. Muhammad Ahmed Saeed, and Dr. Saira E. A. Khan.
According to research done by the Arthritis Care Foundation with funding by World Health Organization, approximately 1 out of every 4th person is suffering from some kind of inflammatory joint disease. If not diagnosed early, these conditions can result in long-term disability, like Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. State of the art department of Rheumatology with international standards and equipment has been initiated at the Central Park Teaching Hospital, served by highly skilled and qualified specialists and staff. Central Park Teaching Hospital also provides free treatment services for deserving patients with the support of the Arthritis Care Foundation.
The seminar highlighted the role of Vitamin D, diet, and exercise for healthy bones and joints, arthritis in children, young and elderly, and the common causes of back pain.
Peng Salon celebrates Children’s Day, inviting Children Cancer patients for a Spa Day
This Children’s Day, Peng Salon & Spa, one of the leading hair & skin clinics in Karachi came up with a thoughtful initiative for children suffering from cancer. They invited these young cancer warriors from Indus Hospital for a Spa Day at the salon to mark Children’s Day celebrations. The children were treated with professional salon & spa services for a relaxing & refreshing experience.
Kaneez Fiza & Nafisa Dawood, Incharge at the Psychosocial department at Indus Hospital, who accompanied the children stated that the children were happy and it was an amazing experience for the children as well as their team at the Peng Salon. According to Kaneez, it was the first time for the children that they had visited a salon and they loved every bit of it and were overjoyed with the experience.
These children, fighting their battle against Cancer, are dreamers – full of innocence, hope and happiness. These little angels enjoyed the services of their choice at the salon and they were all smiles with the kind of pampering they were provided with. Services such as Haircut, hair styling, manicure, pedicure, makeup etc. were provided that made their day extra special.
After going through months of grueling treatment, giving these brave warriors such a day was a thoughtful initiative by Peng Salon. Arranging a Spa Day on Children’s Day for these young children to give them moments of joy and happiness was a wonderful idea by the team. Their aim to make these children feel valued, loved and special while helping them make cherishing memories.
Children were overwhelmed with the services they were provided and were all smiles as they left for the hospital again. Thumbs up to Peng Salon for initiating such a thoughtful activity to celebrate Children’s Day!
5 motivational thoughts to get you motivated by Canadian-Pakistani CEO, Muneeb Mushtaq
Canadian Pakistani CEO and motivational speaker Muneeb Mushtaq has given us many insightful and empowering thoughts over the years on the basis of his experiences as a young and dynamic businessman. The tech tycoon has been the founder of three tech business ventures and has managed to achieve so much at such a young age. And, he has given back his learning and knowledge by motivating, educating, and mentoring people to be successful in life.
Here are some motivational thoughts by the Forbes awarded entrepreneur Muneeb Mushtaq to get you motivated and beat the Monday blues:
- Get rid of the useless and negative clutter in your life
Muneeb Mushtaq suggests that it is important to subtract some of the unnecessary things from life to realise how insignificant they are. He advises us to get away from the insignificant and negative clutter in order to see an immediate positive impact. Worrying about what others think of us, trying to please everyone are some of the unimportant things we need to remove as soon as possible. According to him “When you remove what’s negative, it’ll add more space for what’s POSITIVE”!
- Don’t wait, just take the first step
The successful entrepreneur recommends us not to wait for other people or for the perfect moment to do what you have always wanted to do. There will never be a perfect time, situation or circumstances that would make you start working on your dreams. He advises us to just take the first step and get started.
- Failure is the opportunity to start over again, more wisely
The dynamic businessman is also of the view that failure provides an invaluable experience that makes it more likely to get success the next time around. He explains: “Till the time you don’t give up, the failures are just learning experiences, helping you to eventually succeed.”
- Respect the competition
Muneeb Mushtaq also shares this motivational thought that competition should be embraced and should be used as a driving force to push you further rather than fearing it. Competition is also a validation that there is a massive market and opportunity in the space to grow further.
- Change is important
Another motivating thought from Muneeb Mushtaq is that if you want change in life, then you should also be willing to change. He says, “If you are not willing to change, don’t expect your life to either”.
Follow Muneeb Mushtaq on Instagram @MuneebMushtaq for regular motivational posts.
Features3 years ago
A quick & fun natter with the gorgeous Naimal Khawar
Entertainment2 years ago
Mehwish Hayat Louds Using Truck Art for the Rights of the Girl Child
Beauty2 years ago
Bilal Ashraf named most sexiest Pakistani man
Entertainment2 years ago
Coke Studio Announces the Launch of Season 12!